Keep God Weird

Friday, January 11, 2008

Overcoming Blocks When Meditating

Over the years, both through meditating myself and supporting my clients in their practices, I have got discovered some blocks that may be crippled your advancement with meditation. Here is some counsel to assist you through these blocks...

1. "I can't quiet my mind." I believe this is the first large hurdle in meditating to overcome. First, seek guided speculation instead of attempting to pick speculation up on your ain in the silence. This gives you something to steer you out of your incessantly thinking mind. Don't worry, as your pattern develops you will be able to meditate in silence and happen peace, but first, you have got to open up the door to this quiet topographic point inside gently. Berating yourself for "not getting it" fast adequate just aches you and really plays to your ego. Think of it like any avocation or athletics you pick up - it takes clip and counsel to go comfortable.

2. "I don't have got time." Almost all my clients in my private pattern desire to add speculation to their life, but clip is a large lurching block. Even for myself I sometimes run into this problem. ,That's partly why I created my Everyday Meditation series - day-to-day ten-minute meditations. I'm not of the school you have got to meditate for 20 proceedings or more than a day. I'm a Ma married woman and concern owner...I make not dwell in an Ashram where Iodine have got hours to give to a speculation pattern - I dwell in the very real, busy world. So if you only have got 5 proceedings right now, take it - pass five proceedings concentrating on your breath. I assure you will experience better and surprisingly, the 5 proceedings will stretch along longer as you experience more than comfy and relaxed with your practice.

3. "I fall asleep." During workshops this often come ups up because my clients believe they fall asleep during the meditations. Upon 'waking' from the speculation they don't retrieve anything, except they experience much better. This "falling sleep" response is when your witting head travels to slumber because it is not interested in what is going on. For example, maybe you've gotten in the auto to travel to the shop and upon reaching you don't retrieve drive there? Well, you've probably driven there tons of modern times and now it have go automatic, your head is free to believe of other things instead of directions. Another ground for this "falling asleep" response is the subject of the speculation may be too upsetting to look at directly and again, your head is protecting you by falling asleep and allowing the healing to first get in your sub-conscious. I often intentionally fall asleep to speculations knowing its healing impacts on my sub-conscious. If you are feeling better after the meditation, except it, don't struggle it. Again, as you mend your sub-conscious, this 'falling asleep' response will just steal away and you will go more than present and 'awake' during your meditation.

4. "I don't like the imagination in the guided meditation." While I was instruction a speculation workshop a pupil complained that she hated hayfields and couldn't fall into the speculation owed to this. The speculation we had just finished was put in a hayfield and connecting to safety. She kept saying how childless and dead hayfields are...This was surprising to me because hayfields are charming topographic points for me full of life. I asked her to expression at her linguistic communication and her life. The hayfield she created was in her ain head - she made it barren, without life. The speculation was in fact informing her of this childless position point. I suggested she herself set life into the mental image in the speculation - adding trees, flowers, birds, etc. This is actually a direct chance to heal. This is a gift of speculation to gently mend yourself in your ain time.

5. "I cognize I'm not doing it right. I must be lacking something." Maybe you've read you can be near to Supreme Being or apparent things through meditation, but you are not feeling this. Relax. We dwell in a society that loves to compare - suppress yourself. Ask yourself this, make you experience better - maybe calmer after meditating? Yes, you are doing it right. Let this pattern blossom in your life gently. I assure charming volition happen.

I trust this assists you defeat some blocks in your ain speculation practice. If you have got any additional inquiries or concerns, delight contact me. Iodine am here to help. So be it.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Digg ItDel.icio.us
Furl ItReddit
My WebNewsvine
WistsBlogmarks
RSS ATOM
Web Pages referring to this page
Link to this page and get a link back!

Archives

June 2007 September 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 September 2009 October 2009

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?